Thursday, April 29, 2010

More Audience Comments for "The Homecoming"


I attended The Homecoming at the Haymarket Theatre last night and I highly HIGHLY recommend it. Nathan Weiss’s smiles are knife-like. Melissa Lewis is a hungry mannequin. Rob Burt’s silences scream. Absurdly cruel and hilarious. Go see it. I mean it.

I was unbelievably impressed with the show tonight -- not only with Bob Hall’s casting, and excellent direction, but with his truly mastered performance.

Rob Burt’s work in The Homecoming is probably the best I’ve seen him do . . . honest, controlled, interesting. Nicely done!

Nathan Weiss’s work in The Homecoming is fantastic.

I was blessed to watch some fantastic performers this evening. So long as people continue to produce shows of that caliber, theater in Lincoln will continue to be as powerful and relevant as I remember it being.

Just three more shows: April 30 and May 1-2 with performances Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Tickets are $18 general admission, $15 for seniors, and $10 for students. Reserve tickets by calling 402-477-2600 or visiting www.haymarkettheatre.org.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home